Sunday, May 11, 2014

Suika

Suika is a popular Japanese restaurant that really needs no introduction so here is an obligatory shot of their sake chandelier instead.



The first thing I ordered was the Sake Sangria, a fruit infused drink with sake, soda and 7up. This was not very sweet despite the addition of 7up and tasted like a spiked version of vitamin water, which I can't say I'm a fan of.


Here we have the Fatty Tuna Sashimi, which was fresh and delicious.


Out of curiousity, we ordered the Aburi Eihire ($4.20). This was stingray fin served with a chili-mayo sauce. Although I did enjoy the dried pieces of stingray with the accompanying dip, it isn't something I would likely order again since I can replicate the taste with any store bought dried seafood.


Both my boyfriend and I really liked the Kakuni Bibimbap ($9.80). The stewed pork belly was very tender and tasted great mixed up with the rice.


Lastly, the Hellz Chicken ($9.20) is comprised of deep fried chicken tossed in a rightfully named "hell sauce" made of jalapeno, hot sauce, lemon, garlic, vinegar and tabassco. While this was tasty, it was also super spicy and quite salty, making it a more suitable dish with a side of rice.

In general, I think that Suika is a restaurant best enjoyed with a group of friends so that you can order a table full of food to share. We only ordered four dishes between two people out of an extensive menu separated by lunch and dinner so we will definitely be coming back for more!

Suika on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment