Monday, April 14, 2014

G-Men / Ramen Izakaya

I have heard good things about the ramen at G-Men and after having a look on urbanspoon, I was set on coming here to satisfy my noodle craving. Upon arriving, I realized that I had in fact been here before but it was such a long time ago that I didn't even recall the name of the restaurant. This time, we came here during peak dinner hours so we had to wait for a while before being seated.


I immediately decided on ordering the RCMP Ramen ($9.50) since I love anything spicy. According to the menu, the soup consists of "red chili miso pepper". Personally, I found that the soup is of a thicker consistency and has a good amount of heat to it without rendering my tongue useless. As for the noodles, they were not too soft and had a slight bite to them.


Pictured here is the Miso Ramen w/ Butter & Corn ($10.95) that my boyfriend ordered. The addition of butter and corn is an extra $2, which is not worth it in my opinion.


We also ordered the Tori Karaage ($5.50 for 4 pieces), which was average but still good.

The food was good overall while the ambiance of the restaurant feels authentic and the service is friendly as well. I was pretty satisfied with my meal here and I would return, not only for the ramen, but to also try more items from their extensive izakaya menu.

Ramen Izakaya @ Nan Chuu 南廚 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment