Sunday, March 30, 2014

Steamworks Brewing Company

Steamworks Brewing Company is a two-level brew pub located right by Waterfront station and boasts of being the only steam generated brewery in Canada. During this visit, I came here with a party of six and we were promptly seated in the basement despite how bustling the place already was on a weekday night.


We first ordered drinks, where I decided on starting with a Bellini ($5.99) that was a part of their daily bar features. I didn't manage to get a decent shot of my first drink but I did follow up by ordering a Mango Mojito ($7.99), as pictured above. While both drinks were pretty good, I especially enjoyed the bellini.


For food, we began by ordering a couple appetizers, including the Baked Spinach and Crab Dip ($11.99). I personally was unable to detect the crab in the dip but it was yummy nonetheless. There was an ample amount of bagel chips for dipping and we polished off the plate in no time.


Next, the Poutine ($8.99). This was just okay, not the best, but we still managed to finish it all up.


As for our last appetizer, the Calamari ($11.99) came tossed with diced red onions and tzatziki for dip.


Pictured here is the Roasted Blueberry-Maple Chicken ($21.99) that my friend ordered. The oven roasted chicken is finished with a sun-dried blueberry maple glaze and accompanied with mashed potatoes and asparagus.


I had a bite of the classic Spaghetti & Meatballs ($17.99), which was a pretty solid dish. The house-made tomato basil sauce was light and tangy while the meatballs were flavorful.


For myself, I had the Lamb Burger ($14.99), consisting of freshly ground Indian spiced lamb sirloin, raita, mayo, tomato and shredded cabbage sandwiched between a sesame brioche bun. The lamb didn't taste too dry, largely due to the sauces and tomato slices, and it was a tasty burger overall. The fries that came with were crispy and delicious as well.

I've been back here on more than one occasion and each time, the food and service hasn't failed to be anything less than exceptional, although the prices can be less than forgiving on your wallet. In any case, the cozy atmosphere, variety of seating space and easy to get to location makes Steamworks the perfect place to chill on a night out during any day of the week.

Steamworks Brewing Company on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment