Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pearl House Restaurant

After our relatively positive visit to the neighboring restaurant Pearl Hot Pot (review here), I thought it would be a good idea to have a meal at Pearl House, the regular taiwanese restaurant counterpart to Pearl Hot Pot.


To start off, I decided to order the Marinated Chicken Gizzard. Being my first time trying it, I thought it wasn't bad but the dish was lacking anything special that would entice me to order this again. As for my boyfriend, he barely touched the appetizer as animal innards aren't really his thing.


Next, we had the Deep Fried Chicken Nuggets, which were pretty average.


For his main, my boyfriend had the Beef Sirloin & Tendon with Noodles in Soup. I personally was not a fan of the noodles because they were cooked beyond al dente. My boyfriend on the other hand enjoyed this more than I did.


I decided to go with the Mustard Stewed Pork with Rice for myself. The pork was well flavoured and had the perfect texture, while the sides went well with everything. I wouldn't hesitate to order this again.

Based on our visit, I would say that Pearl House Restaurant is a solid Taiwanese bubbletea joint, with decent food for fair prices and portions.


Pearl House Restaurant 珍珠小館 on Urbanspoon

1 comment: