Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thai Son (Victoria Dr.)

Thai Son recently opened up yet another restaurant on Victoria Drive, replacing a former Church's Chicken in the same plaza. As we were seated, I recognized a few familiar faces among the staff that I had previously seen at other locations.

These days, I find myself ordering Bun Bo Hue over my previous go-to bowl of Pho Dac Biet. While this was a satisfying bowl of noodles, I do prefer the bun bo hue at Pho Quyen (review here) more. The soup here consists of a predominate beef flavour and little else. A squeeze or two of lime adds a much needed kick to the noodles while the spiciness is quite mild.


My boyfriend ordered the Com Tam Bi Ga Uop Trung, which was grilled lemon grass chicken and shredded pork with egg and broken rice. There isn't much to say about this, it is a decent dish that would satisfy anyone's appetite.


Although it was just the two of us, my boyfriend opted to order another dish to complete the meal, the Bun Thit Nuong Cha Gio. This bowl of vermicelli with skewered pork and fried spring rolls had me reaching for another bite despite being stuffed from my own bowl of bun bo hue. The perfect mix of the vermicelli, veggies and fish sauce is just so refreshing.

My family and I have been to the several Thai Son locations for many years now and have always had a pleasant experience. During this first time visit to their new location with my boyfriend, my experience was no different.


Pho Thai Son on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Love this place :) Looking at your pictures make me wanna go again !

    ReplyDelete