Friday, July 12, 2013

Nao Sushi

This restaurant was first introduced to me by my boyfriend, as he has dined here with his dad on numerous occasions. Nao Sushi is quite a popular place that has always been packed every time I have come here for dinner. Its quality food and low prices make it a much better choice than all-you-can-eat fare.


First up, the Sashimi Salad (x2). This is my must-have here because it is generously portioned and absolutely delicious. They definitely don't skimp on the seafood as there is an array of tako, salmon sashimi, tuna tataki, shrimp and surf clam.


 Next, we had the typical Yam & Prawn Tempura.


Pictured here are: Scallop Roll, five pieces of Toro Nigiri, Dragon Roll, Crispy Roll and Dynamite Roll. In short, everything was pretty good. One stand out roll would have to be the dragon roll, which consists of unagi topped with avocado.


I also wanted to try some pressed sushi so we also ordered the Kawari Battera. I actually didn't like this roll very much because there was a lot more rice compared to the shrimp/unagi.


After finishing all the rolls, my friends and I decided to get another round of food because we were still hungry for more! So the second time around, we ordered: yet another Scallop Roll and Dragon Roll and also 1/2 House Roll. The House Roll was massive, much like the roll by the same name at Samurai Sushi, but with less rice.

At the end of the meal, it was around $25-30 per person, tip included. This was pretty impressive considering the amount of food we ordered between 5 people. I think it's safe to say that Nao Sushi has (for the time being) become the go-to Japanese restaurant for my friends and I.

Nao Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment