Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pearl Castle

After our dinner at Haroo (review here), we decided to cool off with dessert at Pearl Castle since it was such a hot day. My taxi driver Hubert ordered an almond milk tea while my boyfriend and I shared a bowl of shaved ice.


While the size of this thing, as well as the bowl, is essentially the same as The One (review here), there is most certainly a difference in taste. This is due to the fact that there is a large discrepancy between the ice and toppings ratio (we opted for red bean, condensed milk and pearls). Also, for some odd reason, they chose to place the "toppings" in the bottom of the bowl. Not only is this visually unappealing, it also makes it unnecessarily difficult to have to dig through the pile of ice to get a spoon of the toppings. Another thing to note is that the ice shavings are too large for my liking. This probably wouldn't even be an issue if there were more toppings to begin with.

Consequently, both my boyfriend and I did not enjoy this very much. Perhaps we should have ordered more toppings but it would just be a waste to have them served in the bottom of the bowl. I will just stick with shaved ice from elsewhere in the future.

Pearl Castle 圓香茶坊 (Sexsmith/Cambie) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment