Monday, July 15, 2013

Cho Sun

Cho Sun is a Korean restaurant that I have frequented often since high school. Two of my favorite dishes here are the jampong (spicy seafood noodles) and bibim naengmyeon (spicy cold noodles). The former comprises of Korean ramen type of noodles while the later consists of thin noodles made from buckwheat (most commonly).

During this visit, I finally satisfied my craving for bibim naengmeyon. The Spicy Cold Noodles comes with a couple slices of radish and cucumber, a slice of meat and half a boiled egg. I like that the noodles have a nice bite to them despite being very thin while the sauce is sweet and spicy. I really enjoy this dish because it's refreshing, especially on a hot day.


My boyfriend opted for Barbeque Sliced Beef or bulgogi. I think this dish was pretty up to par, flavorful and not too dry. If only one order of barbeque is made, the dish is made in the kitchen, rather than cooked by yourself on the grill.


Of course, we can't forget about the banchan, which was your standard fare.

As a final note, Cho Sun is my favorite place for Korean food, after Potter's Garden (review here), for two reasons: its solid food at relatively inexpensive prices and its nearby location. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone :)

Cho Sun B.B.Q. Korean Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment