Wednesday, September 05, 2012

King Sejong

During a particularly nice weekend, my family and I made a trip to Victoria to finally visit my sister and to help her move back to Vancouver. For dinner, we decided to try King Sejong located downtown.



The banchan were okay, nothing horrible or amazing.


One of the items we ordered was the Kimchi Bokeumbop or kimchi fried rice. This dish was doused in oil and yet, wasn't spicy at all. A definite miss that night.


We also ordered Chap Chae, which was tasty but also seemed a little on the oily side.


Pictured here is the Haemul Pajeon or seafood pancake. I forgot to take pictures right after it arrived at our table so we had already dug into this before I took a picture. This was surprisingly good, even though its texture felt more like bread than the usual sightly chewy and soft Korean pancakes.


The Gamja Tang we ordered was decent but not memorable.



I thought that the portion size of the Dak Bulgogi was very poor for $15. My family members were unimpressed and we finished this very quickly.



Tang Soo Yuk is the Korean spin on the Chinese dish, sweet and sour pork. Judging from the picture, the portion size was extremely disappointing, especially when the dish was $16. Also, I have had better tasting tang soo yuk at Hee Rae Dung in Coquitlam.

We ordered a bowl of Seol Rung Tang (not pictured) for my grandparents, thinking that they would enjoy the light taste of the broth. Unfortunately there was barely any meat in the soup, and the noodles were overcooked.

After all our food was brought to the table, we realized that there still wasn't enough food so we had to order another plate of chap chae to share.

When I got home from my meal, I searched up King Sejong on Urbanspoon and I was shocked to see that the restaurant had such high ratings, with reviews raving about the food. Personally, I felt that this restaurant was about average in taste. The food was expensive considering the fact that every single dish was disappointingly small in portion size and only mediocre in taste. Overall, I was highly unimpressed by this restaurant and would not recommend it.

King Sejong on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment