Monday, July 07, 2014

Mimibuloveme

Mimibuloveme is a small eatery near Oakridge mall that specializes in parfaits, with the addition of other items on their menu including crepes and pastas. I came here with a friend on a hot and sunny day during the week, expecting the place to be open at 1PM in the afternoon but we had the unfortunate realization that the hours posted on their website (12PM-12AM) was in fact wrong. Since we really wanted our parfaits, we decided to shop around at Oakridge first and then return when it was 3PM and hopefully open this time, in accordance with the hours on Urbanspoon.


Evidently, since I'm reviewing the place, it was thankfully open two hours later and I got to try my first parfait from this place. After looking at the pictures of all the equally yummy looking desserts, I decided on the Frozen Yogurt Parfait ($7) while my friend had the Tiramisu Parfait ($7) as seen in the background. It might seem to be on the pricey side but with the decent sized portion and fresh ingredients, this is worth it. The vanilla yogurt gelato was the perfect equilibrium between sweet and tart and it went well with the mixed berries, corn pops and pieces of sponge cake included.

All in all, Mimibuloveme is a great spot to grab dessert, whether it is with a date or with friends and I wouldn't hesitate to return. I would highly recommend coming here as early as possible because it's obvious that this tiny place would be a popular post-dinner location.

Mimibuloveme on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment