Monday, May 19, 2014

Morak Korean Fusion Restaurant

Morak is a somewhat new establishment near Metrotown that replaced the former Tomoya Japanese restaurant. Upon arriving, I noticed a sign that mentioned checking in to their Facebook page for a free dish of spicy rice cake stew (dukbokki) so that's exactly what I did after being seated.



After trying the Onejo Maeun Bossam (spicy pork belly) at Potter's Garden a while back, I really wanted to find a place that had something similar. Lo and behold, I found it here and immediately had to get the Bossam ($23.95). This came in a huge plate and should clearly be shared among two or more people. The slices of pork belly just falls apart in your mouth and was flavourful without being salty, while the green onion salad was refreshingly spicy and went well with the meat. If you've never had this, you are missing out.


My boyfriend decided on the Chicken Bulgogi ($12.95), which comes with a side of rice. Other than the fact that the chicken was chopped in rather small pieces, the spicy house special barbecue sauce was pretty good.


This was the Spicy Seafood Noodles ($12.95), which even came with half a small sized crab. My boyfriend and his brother both loved the addictive broth.


Here is the free bowl of Tteok bokki that we received for checking in, which is normally $7 for a small. Is this even equivalent to a size small portion? I'm not sure but despite being complimentary, I didn't enjoy this. The sauce was just spicy and very bland otherwise.


Lastly, the standard banchan. Everything was good but I especially loved the kimchi because it was well fermented.

In summary, I highly recommend making a visit here just based on the bossam because it is undoubtedly a must try if you come to Morak. I also suggest checking out their Facebook page for the occasional promotion.

Morak Korean Fusion Restaurant 謀樂韓國混合料理 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment