Sunday, December 01, 2013

Boiling Point (Richmond)

One summer day, my friends and I made our way to Boiling Point in Richmond. Had I been aware of their other location in Burnaby, I would've suggested going there instead (oops!). 

For myself, I ordered #10 on the menu, the Thai Flavor Hot Soup ($15.99). This consisted of cabbage, taro stem, sliced pork, enoki and maitake mushroom, cuttlefish, foochow fishball, clam, crab and calamari. I was pretty satisfied with the broth and content of the hot pot, although I didn't even bother attempting to crack open the skinny piece of crab to pick at the teeny amount of meat. I would also note that the hot pots have a substantial amount of filler veggies compared to the actual "meat" content that is suppose to come with the pots. All the hot pots come with a bowl of rice but I also ordered a side of udon to accompany my meal.

Overall, I enjoyed my meal at Boiling Point but would I be returning any time soon? Most likely not. Personally, I've realized that individual hot pot places such as Boiling Point or Pearl Hot Pot (review here) lose their appeal once I've tried them once because they tend to be more pricey for what you get.

Boiling Point (Richmond) 沸點臭臭鍋 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment