Monday, July 01, 2013

Isami Sushi

Isami Sushi is an authentic Japanese restaurant hidden along Kingsway, near Metrotown. The restaurant is surprisingly large and was quite empty when we first entered. As our meal progressed, however, the place began to fill up steadily.

Pictured here is the Beef Tataki. I was slightly disappointed by the dainty portion at first, but the dish was quite delicious so I suppose it justified its price (I believe it was around $10).


Here is the Deep Fried Crab Roll dosed in two spicy and savory sauces. I think the sauces really made this dish, rather than the actual content of the roll.


Next was the Kamikaze Roll, which was essentially a spicy tuna negitoro roll. According to the description on the menu, this also had fried batter in it but the crunchy texture was absent as the texture of the negitoro was quite smooth. I enjoyed this simple roll more than I expected.


The last dish was another special roll, the Gypsy Roll, which stood out because of its use of rice paper. My boyfriend and I both loved this roll and its spicy sauce.

In summary, our meal at Isami Sushi left us comfortably full for a reasonable price and I wouldn't hesitate to come back for the Gypsy Roll!

Isami Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment