Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Capstone Fondue (Robson)

One random night last year, I spontaneously came across and bought a groupon for High Tea for two at Capstone Tea & Fondue. It wasn't until recently that my boyfriend and I ventured out to Robson to finally make use of the groupon. Upon our arrival, it was packed with a line up so we had to wait, despite making reservations. When we were seated, I informed our waitress of the groupon I had, which includes
"two cheese-fondue dips with assorted veggies, pastries, and bread; two chocolate-fondue dips with assorted fresh seasonal fruits, pastries, and tea cookies; and two cups of house-blend tea"


 The green tea and black tea that we ordered (not pictured) were off of the "Teapresso" Capstone House Blends menu. Neither of us touched our drinks very much for the rest of the night because the teas were steeped for far too long.



We also opted to add 12 ice-cream truffles, which came with 4 fondue toppings as well. The ice-cream flavors were black sesame, strawberry, mango and green tea. The toppings we chose were sprinkles, coconut flakes, roasted peanuts and caramel crumbs. I really enjoyed the ice-cream truffles with the chocolate and toppings, especially if you give the chocolate a couple seconds to harden.


The chocolate fondue was good but on the average side. The cheese fondue was of the Swiss variety, according to the menu and it tasted rather salty on its own. However, I did enjoy pairing the cheese with the bread. Unfortunately, in the middle of eating, I found a small piece of hair in the cheese fondue. Although this was a rather unpleasant find, when I notified our waitress, she promptly apologized and offered to change the pot.

Overall, Capstone Tea & Fondue may be a nice place to hang out with friends but I wouldn't return unless I had another groupon in hand. I paid $28 for the high tea groupon for two and it was valued at $56. The fondue at full price is not worth it because although it is tastes decent enough, it is rather pricey for the simple ingredients that you are paying for.

Capstone Tea & Fondue on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment