Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cattle Cafe (Kingsway)


My boyfriend and I decided to check out Cattle Cafe on Kingsway for a quick dinner one night. This is a newly opened location that replaced a Korean restaurant and it is the third Cattle Cafe location out of the two already  in Burnaby and Richmond. Similar to the Burnaby location, this restaurant has a non-existent waiting space for customers. However, since this place is new, we did not have to wait forever for a table (like we would have had to at the Burnaby location), despite arriving at the restaurant at around 8 PM.



The concept of their noodle combos is the same as Deer Garden (review here), where you pick the soup base, toppings, add-ons and noodles of your choice, along with a drink.

I ordered the Rice noodle in Malay Laksa soup with Pork Intestine and Specialty Sausage from the noodle combo menu pictured above. The soup was creamy and very mildly spicy, just the way I like it. The specialty sausage is actually sliced up pieces of taiwanese style pork sausage and the bowl of noodles also came with a lot of cabbage and some mushrooms. With everything else that we ordered, I found myself getting full by the time I was only 2/3 of the way through the bowl.



My Iced Milk Tea tasted like it was from any other HK style cafe, no complaints.



My boyfriend ordered the Rice noodle in Satay soup with Luncheon Meat and Sliced Beef. The beef was tasty but the luncheon meat had an odd texture to it so it isn't something my boyfriend or I would order in the future. Like my bowl of noodles, this came with a large amount of veggies. My boyfriend was satisfied with the soup since it tasted "like what you expect satay to taste like," according to him lol.



The drink my boyfriend ordered was the Hot Honey Lemon. The drink was overly sweet so it was only good in small sips.



To go along with our noodles, we ordered the Boneless Chicken in Terriyaki Sauce as an Add-on item to share. The meat was tender and moist with a good crunch to the skin.



We also ordered the Egg Waffle, which must have not been freshly made because it came to our table lukewarm. I found the waffle to be less than average because the inside was not very chewy at all and it lost its outer crunch after cooling completely. I don't think this was worth the $4 we paid for it and I will not be ordering this again.


All together, our meal was about $25 with tax. I will most likely revisit this location with my boyfriend in the future since it isn't as busy as the other locations, at least for now.

Cattle Cafe 牛仔餐廳 (Vancouver) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment