Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Richmond Nightmarket

Last summer, the only thing I had a chance to try at the "Summer Night Market" was some chicken heart (much to the disgust of my friends but I love it!), grilled meat skewers, Taiwanese wheel cakes and lemonade. I remember the line up for the super hyped hurricane fries (back when there was only one booth) was way too long so I didn't bother getting them, sadly. However, this year around, I got to try a slightly wider variety of food, but only had pictures snapped of the few items below:


Mango Sago - $5
This nice refreshing drink from Mango Yummy is filled with mango chunks, pomelo, sago pearls, and what I'm assuming to be juice and/or milk.


Thai-style Meat Skewers - 5 for $7.50
These were from Thai Satay and they had a selection of pork, beef and chicken. It might have only just been the ones I happened to get, but the beef was overdone and quite tough, but the chicken and pork were pretty tasty.


Hurricane Fries - 2 for $5
These babies are so popular now that there are other stands that also sell these. I chose to get mine from the orginal stand, Hurricane Potato Fries, which you can identify by their roped line up and orange banner. I recommend the ketchup flavor (it's my favorite!) as opposed to barbeque, which I found too salty.


Other unpictured noms I tried were:
  • Salt and Pepper Chicken for $4 - not bad for a quick and cheap fix from
    Taiwaness chicken nugget (lol at their typo)
  • Dukbokki for $3 - from Korean Food Party
  • Korean fish waffles for 6 for $5 - loved the custard filling
  • Taiwanese wheel cakes for $1 each - a couple of these will fill you up quick
  • Grilled squid for $6 - a must-try from BBQ Squid

Summer Night Market 夏日夜市 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment