Saturday, January 31, 2015

La Mezcaleria

La Mezcaleria is the highly rated sister restaurant of the equally popular La Taqueria Taco Shop. I came here along with a friend for a bite to eat, and being unfamiliar with Mexican food, I decided to stick with what I knew and ordered 4 tacos for $11.50.



First the Pescado, consisting of Zarandeado fish with chipotle mayo, radish and pepitas.


The Carnitas had pork confit with pickled red onions.


In the Al Pastor was pork marinated in achiote chilli and pinapple.


Lastly, I had the De Cachete with braised beef cheeks.

While the tacos were good, I felt like La Taqueria does them better. It might have been just that day that the tacos weren't up to par (atleast, in my opinion) but I would still return to try some of their other popular dishes such as the cheese fondue.

La Mezcaleria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment