Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hoi An Cafe

Hoi An is a Vietnamese restaurant that has been on my list of places to visit for quite some time now, so long that it had fallen under the radar until my friend suggested this place out of the blue. Their menu consists of mainly noodle in soup dishes but the must try item is their dry noodle special, according to reviews online.


So first up, we have the #2 1/2 Cau Lau ($8.95), which is a combination of their menu items #1 Mi Quang with #2 Cau Lau sauce. The yellow rice noodles are atypical from what is found at other restaurants and just as good with a slight bite to them. The pork and garlic sauce is addicting and a squeeze of lime is all that is needed to give the sauce a bit of that extra kick.


The Bun Bo Hue ($8.50) is pretty good here as well, with that perfectly sweet and tangy broth that I love. The noodles here are thinner than what I am use to but it doesn't take away from the dish. For bun bo hue, I personally would rank Hoi An second, after Pho Quyen (review here) because the one thing that this dish lacks is spiciness.

Ever since I came here initially with my friends, I have returned more than once already and still enjoy this place as much as the first time. Hoi An is an absolute recommendation from me for those who want to try a Vietnamese dish that isn't commonly found anywhere else.

Hoi An Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment