Sunday, February 09, 2014

The Italian Kitchen

As evidenced by my blog, it's not often that I venture outside of Asian cuisine on a normal basis so when my friend suggested the Italian Kitchen, I was looking forward to the change. Located on Alberni street, the Italian Kitchen is one of several restaurants that are apart of the Glowbal group. Upon arriving, our party of five was seated shortly after confirming our reservations, which I would highly recommend making since the restaurant was packed through out the night.


Here we have the Pasta Platter, which is meant to be shared between two or more people ($20.95/person). Consisting of 4 different pasta dishes, from left to right we have: Lamb Pappardelle, Linguine Gamberi, Truffled Spaghetti & Signature Meatballs and Penne Pomodoro. From the menu, the lamb pappardelle has lamb sausage, potatoes, cabbage, peperoncino and olive oil. For the linguine gamberi, it consists of tiger prawns, capers, olives, oregano, roasted romato aglio e olio. The truffled spaghetti uses truffle cream and herbed ricotta while the penne pomodoro was a simple tomato based dish. Each pasta was a hit but my favorite of the bunch had to be the linguine because of its light and extra tangy flavour from the roasted tomatoes.

With the friendly service, great food and good company, I found myself quite enjoying my meal at the Italian Kitchen and left with a sure intention to revisit the restaurant in the future.

Italian Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment