Monday, May 20, 2013

Angel Cake Cafe

Angel Cake Cafe is a Hong Kong-style cafe on Fraser Street that I used to frequent quite often with my family. I recently revisited the place and I found that it really hasn't changed. The service is very mediocre but the food is still consistent.

One of the things I love about HK-style cafes are the "hot pan combos" that they usually offer because you can essentially have a three course meal for an inexpensive price. During this visit, I made my usual order from the Hot Pan Set Menu, where I can have my choice of a drink, soup, one or two main entrées and what sauce for the entrée.  In addition, the meal comes with garlic bread, a baked potato or french fries to go with the entrée, your choice of spaghetti or rice and also dessert. All of this is included for the price of $14.95 or less (excluding tax) .



I went with the Cream Soup to start, while choosing the Rib Eye Steak and Fish Filet Cutlet as my main entrées with Black Pepper Sauce. I really enjoyed the filet, especially with the tartar sauce and the rib eye steak was tender and flavorful. I also chose Spaghetti to go with the entrées and Cold Honey Lemon Water (not pictured) as my drink.


We were served a coconut jello-pudding type of dessert at the end. I enjoyed this as it wasn't overly sweet.

By the time we were done, I was completely stuffed. However, I still had my untouched spaghetti, half of the rib eye steak left and some fries remaining so I had everything packed to go. All in all, I was more than satisfied with my meal at Angel Cake Cafe and I would urge anyone to try out the Hot Pan Set Menu here.

Angel Cake Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment