Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sushiyama

After seeing all the positive reviews for Sushiyama on urbanspoon, my family and I decided to come here for dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday. When we arrived, the restaurant was a full house and there was quite the line up formed. Luckily, we made reservations so the wait wasn't too bad. Since there were six of us, we were able to order a variety of dishes to try.

First off, we ordered the Party Tray B, which included an assortment of rolls and nigiri.


Next, we had the Spicy Salmon Sashimi.


My sister and I really enjoyed the Katsu Don. This came with a generous portion of fried katsu, an egg, caramelized onions and drizzled with sauce. I wouldn't hesitate to order this again in the future.


There were no complaints for the Chop Scallop Roll (left). We also ordered the Dragon Roll (right), which consists of cream cheese, avocado, salmon and unagi. Personally, I am not a fan of cream cheese in sushi so I only found this so-so.


The Spider Roll was mediocre and just wasn't very memorable, to be honest. It had deep fried soft shell crab, avocado, cucumber, crabmeat and masago.


Picture here is the Kamikaze Roll (right). I liked that this had more filling than rice, with spicy tuna, fake crab meat, avocado, cucumbers and tobiko. For me, the stand out dish of the night was the Caterpillar Roll (left). The roll inside contained unagi, crab meat with mayo and cucumbers topped off with avocado, black sesame and barbeque sauce. I can understand why this is roll is Sushiyama's specialty as it is absolutely delicious.

We also had Assorted Tempura (not pictured). They were pretty standard.

Our meal came to $90, not including tip. For six people, this was an inexpensive but very filling meal. I definitely see myself returning to Sushiyama in the near future.

Sushiyama on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment