Saturday, January 12, 2013

Phnom Penh

Recently, I was finally able to visit Phnom Penh with my friends after hearing how popular this restaurant is. This Vietnamese and Cambodian restaurant is located in Chinatown and it is a 10-15 minutes walk from the Chinatown-Stadium skytrain station. We arrived at the restaurant at 6PM and luckily only had to wait about 20 minutes for a table.

Deep Fried Chicken Wings

Butter Beef
Before going, I already knew I had to order the Deep Fried Chicken Wings and Butter Beef since it is always raved about in the majority of reviews found online. The chicken wings had a very crispy outer layer and it went really well with the lemon and pepper dip it came with. The butter beef was smaller than I expected and it was served slightly warm. As for the sauce, which was like a sweet and tangy soy sauce, I wouldn't say I loved it but it was still enjoyable to eat.

 Vermicelli with Spring Rolls

BBQ Lemon Grass Chicken with Rice

I also ordered the Vermicelli with Spring Rolls for myself while my friends ordered the BBQ Lemon Grass Chicken with Rice and Two Kinds of Noodle in Soup (not pictured). Both of these dishes were pretty standard and for the price you pay, you definitely get your money's worth. As for the noodle soup, my friend found a hair in it.


My sister also suggested trying the Lychee Moo Shake so I got one to share with my boyfriend. We both really enjoyed this and I would recommend it to others too!

As a whole, the food was pretty yummy but I was kind of expecting more because of all the hype surrounding this place. Would I return to Phnom Penh in the future? Sure, the food is good and the place is inexpensive, but I honestly wouldn't wait any longer than 25 minutes just to eat here.

Phnom Penh ้‡‘้‚Šๅฐ้คจ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment